The Farmland Highpoint
[Summit team: Targo, Katrin, Toomas, Oliver]
We visited Hoosier Hill on March 7th, 2004. The weather was cold and windy. We drove there right from Indianapolis airport and were not well prepared. Our clothing was meant for about 20F higher temperatures, so we kept the visit pretty short. In fact, if it's always that windy in this area then it is no wonder why the landmarks (there's a bench and a ladder that helps people over a fence) are in such a bad shape as seen on the pictures.
1. From I-70 take Indiana exit 151A to US-27 North.
2. Go about a mile and bear right onto Arba Pike.
3. Go 7.4 miles and turn right onto Bethel Road.
4. Go a mile and turn left onto Elliott Road
5. Go about 0.9 miles and turn left to a dirt road. There's a ruined fence and a ladder that crosses it about 200 feet from the paved road.
Tagasi / Back