The Dark Highpoint
[Summit team: Targo, Katrin, Toomas, Oliver]
We visited Brasstown Bald on the November 6th, 2003. It was the fourth high point on that day and we arrived there well in the dark, so the foggy weather was a minor problem. Here are the driving instructions from Clingmans Dome, Tennessee:
1) Go down on the Clingmans Dome road 6.3 miles.
2) Turn right onto US-441
3) Keep going south on US-441 as it joins briefly with US-74 and later with US-23
4) Keep straight onto US-64 South near Franklin, NC
5) Go 28.2miles and turn left onto SR-175
6) After 4.2 miles SR-175 changes to SR-75 as you enter Georgia
7) In Hiawassee, bear left onto US-76 South
8) After 3.3miles turn right onto SR-17 South, go 6.3 miles
9) Turn right onto SR-180, go 5.3 miles
10) Turn right onto HWY-180 Spur, this takes you to the mountain.
Tagasi / Back