The Low Highpoint
[Summit team: Targo, Katrin, Toomas, Oliver]
We visited the Britton Hill (note that it is locally known as Lakewood Park) on November 7th, 2003. The weather was sunny, a great change from our morning trip to Cheaha Mountain. Though not too high, it is a nice well-marked place, as you can see on the pictures as well.
Here are instructions from Montgomery, Alabama
1) From US 80 take US 331 South (S Court Street)
2) Stay on US 331 until you arrive in Florala
3) Turn left onto W 5th Ave (still US 331)
4) After 1.4 miles keep staight onto SR-54
5) Go 1.1 miles and bear a little bit to the right onto 2nd Ave E
6) After 0.1 miles the road name changes to Lakewood Hwy as you are entering Florida
7) Go 0.6 miles and turn right when you see the big sign.
There's a picnic area and lots of advertising for the highpointers club on the newsstands in the park.
Tagasi / Back